How to use lisp packages from libraries?

Иван Трусков trus19 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 21:29:37 UTC 2021

Thanks for your explanation! I have changed lisp code to have package
definition and in-package declaration, and after that everything did
work (also, i per your advice used package name in symbol lookup in C
code).

There is one thing i would like to discuss a little bit further.

>The question you need to answer is whether you want your program defer
>to run-time, on the user's workstation, when to use quicklisp to
> donwload and install the "str" system, and load it into your program
> to get the "STR" package and its functions?  Do you realize that every
> month, new systems are added to quicklisp, but also SOME SYSTEMS are
> REMOVED from the quicklisp distribution!?  Do you want your program to
> break next month because the quicklisp maintainer decided to remove
> some depdency from its distribution?

1) packages changing in repository is, well, just the fact of life. In
most cases hoping for the best is enough. I mean, there is no certain
guarantee that digital infrastructure taken for granted will be there
tomorrow?
2) what i am really curious about is: when my lisp package is
compiled, let us say, monolithically - is used package "pulled into"
it? In resulting object fdile, is there all the machine code
corresponding to the functions from it that i have used? Maybe to
other ones?