[EQL5] Slow startup

PR polos.ruetz at gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 11:12:00 UTC 2021

On 12/28/20, Erik Winkels <aerique at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> -->
>      Reading config "/home/nemo/.config/pusfofefe/config.lisp"... Config

it, unfortunately.

ASDF should therefore never be a dependency in a final app (there are
ways to avoid it, even if some libraries want it to be present.)

With Sailfish there is the problem that prebuilt ECL and EQL5 are
still 32bit, so on my (quite recent) Sailfish 64bit phone, loading
ASDF takes about 2(!) seconds. That would be less if 64bit compiled, I
know from android, where loading ASDF on 64bit takes "only" about 1
second.

Paul