Where to go with EQL5 and QT specific questions?

pls.153 pls.153 at protonmail.com
Fri Apr 30 20:02:26 UTC 2021

On Thursday, April 29, 2021 9:48 PM, Erik Winkels <aerique at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> ...and I hope it is not a blocker because of the statically linking (i.e. is it even possible to load foreign libs?):

unfortunately, this seems true (never tried it before): I tried a static build of ECL (on Linux) with the following function call:

    > (ffi:load-foreign-library "libssl.so")

    Condition of type: SIMPLE-ERROR
    SI:LOAD-FOREIGN-MODULE does not work when ECL is statically linked

    Available restarts:

    1. (RESTART-TOPLEVEL) Go back to Top-Level REPL.

    Broken at SI:BYTECODES. [Evaluation of: (SI:LOAD-FOREIGN-MODULE "libssl.so")] In: #<process TOP-LEVEL 0x55fd196d6f80>.

So, you would need to link both 'libcrypto.a' and 'libssl.a' statically in your build...

Paul