Static Compilation Issues

Ava Fox dev at computerfox.xyz
Wed Nov 25 23:46:34 UTC 2020

I've been learning how to create static executables with ECL and was
looking at the provided example that uses an ASDF system that has
defined dependencies
(https://gitlab.com/embeddable-common-lisp/ecl/-/tree/develop/examples/asdf_with_dependence).
When following the readme, and building it as-is with Quicklisp fetching
alexandria (the only dependency specified) it works fine.

However, when I change that dependency to include a project such as
drakma it compiles fine but then throws SIMPLE-ERROR when I run the
resulting static executable, saying that various uiop/asdf packages and
sb-bsd-sockets cannot be found.

Exact error:

Condition of type: SIMPLE-ERROR
Package ((SB-BSD-SOCKETS . #<SB-BSD-SOCKETS package>)) referenced in
compiled file
   NIL
but has not been created

Exact packages being listed as not being found: :sb-bsd-sockets,
:uiop/filesystem, :uiop/os, :uiop/pathname, :asdf/operate, :asdf/lisp-action

Any help or ideas would be appreciated, I am just unsure of where to go
from here.

ECL version: 20.4.24

Operating System: Linux Kernel 5.8.18