Windows 10

Garrett Dangerfield garrett at dangerimp.com
Wed Nov 25 17:36:40 UTC 2020

I got the 20.4.24 tarball and actually managed to compile it on Windows 10
using cygwin gcc.

Got it to run and it seems to work pretty well from what I've seen so far.

However, the goal of my doing all this was to be able to link Lisp code to
C/C++ code and compile-file doesn't want to work.

With this simple lisp file named t2.lsp:
(defun gpdtest ()
  (print "we did it"))
When I do this (when in the same directory):
(compile-file "t2.lsp" :system-p t)
I get this back:
Condition of type: FILE-ERROR
Filesystem error with pathname #P"SYS:CMP.NEWEST".
Which makes no sense to me.

If I do this:
(probe-file "t2.lsp")
I get back:
#P"/cygdrive/c/Users/danger/gcl/t2.lsp"

Thoughts?

Apologies in advance if this is a stupid question. :-)

Thanks,
Garrett Dangerfield.