ECL cross-compiled for 'aarch64' considered stable?

PR polos.ruetz at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 00:06:10 UTC 2019

> Hay Paul,
>
> it is worth noting that there are some unresolved issues on aarch64 due
> to calling convention for variadic functions is differnt. Please see this
> summary:
>
> https://gitlab.com/embeddable-common-lisp/ecl/issues/224
>
> apparently aarch64 android calling convention is more permissive given it
> works
> for you.

Thanks Daniel, I didn't encounter any problems yet (testing with ASDF,
Quicklisp, Slime).

BTW, the scripts for cross compiling ECL to aarch64 can be found here:
https://gitlab.com/eql/EQL5-Android/tree/master/scripts/64bit

For cross compiling ECL code to run on aarch64, you may use:
https://gitlab.com/eql/EQL5-Android/blob/master/build-eql5/64bit/android-cross-compile-64.lisp

Paul

P.S. And if somebody would like to help testing the aarch64 CL REPL
(from EQL5-Android), it can be downloaded from here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/q0jo2vpp7be3vcy/CL%20REPL%2064.apk?dl=0