What is the best version of ECL to use right now?

Dennis Ogbe do at ogbe.net
Tue Jun 4 00:02:52 UTC 2019

Hello,

I am working on embedding ECL in a reasonably-sized C++ program and I have been using v16.1.3 until now, since it seems like this is the latest official release.

However, it seems like there is a lot of activity and bug fixes in the develop branch and I already ran into a few bugs (for example [1]) that are fixed in develop, but are not in any release. The documentation also seems to overlap more with the develop branch than the latest release.

In your opinion, what is the best and most stable ECL version to use as of June 2019? I have some reservations about simply picking a random commit from a dev branch, so I wanted to reach out and ask y'all directly.

Thanks for all the hard work, this project is great!

[1] https://gitlab.com/embeddable-common-lisp/ecl/issues/418