Is this thing on? Cross-compiling for ARM

Renaud Casenave-Péré renaud at casenave-pere.fr
Tue Feb 19 01:06:09 UTC 2019

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 18 2019, PR wrote:

>> ...but I'm unclear how EQL fits in here due to
>> Sailfish's own layer on top of QT (Silica).
>
> That's not a problem: Silica is written in QML, in order to provide
> custom look and feel for Sailfish, so you only need to import Silica
> at the top of your QML files like this:
>
>   import Sailfish.Silica 1.0
>
> (Not that I have any experience with Sailfish/Silica, just repeating
> what the docu says.)

That’s pretty much about it.
I would also suggest to create the Qt application in C++ using functions from
libsailfishapp (https://github.com/sailfishos/libsailfishapp) to speed up a bit
the application launch but it is not mandatory.

The approach I’m experimenting right now is a mix of “my_app” and
“M-modules/quick” examples from EQL5 and it seems to be a viable one.

I stumbled upon a crash at launch (floating point exception) when trying to run
something ecl/eql related in the emulator but it is working fine on the device.

I still need to find a way to efficiently use slime with this setup.

I might put a template on a public repository to help quickstart application
development when I’m satisfied with my environment.

--
Renaud Casenave-Péré