Android question: how to connect to swank, running on android?

PR polos.ruetz at gmail.com
Sat Sep 2 23:22:32 UTC 2017

> that probably means you still have slime without my recent improvements.
> Removal of timedwait was done in
> 898aac6348a307130fb1c3906db86bd1cb565e92 slime. It's present in 2.20
> version.

Yeah, :spawn would be nice, but unfortunately it's not working, even
with Slime v2.20 and latest ECL git snapshot...

Now it gives a different error: a segfault, which is (to my knowledge)
hard to debug on android.

--- you probably want to skip this / rant warning ---

Sorry for a personal note/rant, but it may shed some light on others
having similar trouble:

I've currently given up on Swank running on android: it's simply not
worth the trouble (at least in my case)! It's too slow starting up;
the whole app has to be restarted on every connection problem; it
freezes randomly for no apparent reason (maybe related to the Qt5/QML
integration, as I found out indirectly; and I won't even go into the
details of an (im)possible "workaround"...).

(1) For developing the Lisp part, I simply can do everything on the
desktop, as I'm used to.

(2) For the UI part, it's basically the same as above; and if I
really, really want to edit (on the PC) and reload (on android) the
QML files directly from the device, I can do so quite easily, and
without Slime (see README-1 of REPL example).

Paul