random failure on run-program on develop branch

Fabrizio Fabbri strabixbox at yahoo.com
Fri May 5 09:35:00 UTC 2017

Hi all,I'm sitting on the very latest develop branch on OSX.
I'm noticed that some time the compilation will hang when the compiler is invoked. I'm not able to reproduce it consistently and if I kill the build and retry it does complete.
Empirical observation show that  it is happen when we invoke the compiler to compile the generated code.
However also ansi-test have the same problem and so far I'm not be able to complete an ansi-test run, so with ansi-test is reproducible semi consistently

I have a previous version and on the same machine it does work fine so I'll probably start a git bisect but It does take time as I have to do a full build and a ansi-test run.
I was also wondering if that it's my environment  or someone have the same issue.
Given the pattern of the problem I feel like we are leaking file descriptor, but I may be wrong.
cheersf.