Running examples from REPL

Ivan Truskov trus19 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 4 21:15:35 UTC 2017

Hello
I am trying to have a go with ECL. I have built ECL on windows 10
machine with 64-bit Visual Studio (community version) and i am trying to
run example on build that comes with the source code.

In open window of ecl.exe, i go to the folder, and call load on
"readme.lisp". Then, on the first lines of it, i recieve the following
error and the execution stops. Error as follows:

> Condition of type: SIMPLE-ERROR
> In COMPILE-FILE-PATHNAME, the type OBJECT is unsupported.
> Available restarts:
>
> 1. (RESTART-TOPLEVEL) Go back to Top-Level REPL.
>
> Broken at SI:BYTECODES. [Evaluation of: (C::COMPILER-CC "hello_aux.c"
> (COMPILE-FILE-PATHNAME "hello_aux.c" :TYPE :OBJECT))] In: #<process
> TOP-LEVEL>.
>  File:
>  #P"C:/Users/Kurvivor/Development/ecl-16.1.3/examples/build/readme.lisp"
>  (Position #1054)

How can i get past this error?
Related question: how do i set up the compiler used and compiler
environment? How do i check it (determine what current setings are)?

Thanks in advance!