Android question: does cross-compiling require a 32 bit host ECL?

Daniel Kochmański daniel at turtleware.eu
Tue Jul 4 05:57:00 UTC 2017

Ah, there is one more problem with CC. If ECL versions differ (for
instance 16.1.2 and 16.1.3), the resulting code will compile, but it
won't work. The reason for that lies in fact, that symbols are indexed
by positions in the table, and they may differ between versions.

That said, if the index is different for the same version but with
different features compiled in (i.e unicode and unicode) - all should
work fine. If it doesn't, it is a bug.