Android question: does cross-compiling require a 32 bit host ECL?

Daniel Kochmański daniel at turtleware.eu
Sat Jul 1 20:20:29 UTC 2017

Yes, this is true. The problem is that ECL compiler doesn't have
distinction between host architecture and target architecture (it just
transpiles code) - so if host implementation has long-double, it will
produce C code using long-double, if 64 bit integers are present, then
transpiled code is used for that.

I'm aware of that problem and I plan to separate compilation and target
features. That said, it's probably not something what will be fixed in
the upcoming release. Definetely doable though (and useful).