Android question: how to connect to swank, running on android?

PR polos.ruetz at gmail.com
Sun Aug 20 19:39:40 UTC 2017

> AFAIR I was connecting over wifi to the REPL on my Android device.
>
> If the port forwarding works fine - do you have some logs either from
> emacs or running ECL process which show what's going on?

ok, just to report the current state:

 - if I run '(start-swank)' from the desktop (same sources as on
android), it works locally
 - PC and tablet are connected via USB
 - both PC and tablet are in the same wlan, and can ping each other
 - port forwarding is enabled: 'adb forward tcp:4005 tcp:4005'
 - if I try to connect from the PC to Swank running on the tablet,
Emacs logs these messages:

<snip Emacs messages>

  Connecting to Swank on port 4005..
  Lisp connection closed unexpectedly: connection broken by remote peer

  error in process filter: if: Lisp connection closed unexpectedly
  error in process filter: Lisp connection closed unexpectedly
  Error running timer `slime-process-available-input': (error
"Selecting deleted buffer")

</snip Emacs messages>

So, still no luck...

Paul