Crosscompiling ECL for Windows

Wolfgang Dautermann wolfgang at dautermann.at
Tue Nov 15 22:17:54 UTC 2016

On 2016-11-12 18:04, Daniel Kochmański wrote:
>> Shouldnt a bytecode compiler be invoked, if ECL is configured with
>> "--with-cmp=no"?
>>

> Yet it should. If you could make an issue on gitlab it would be great.

Hm. If both compilers (bytecode & C) are enabled, how can one select
which one should be used? Or which should be the default?

Somewhere I found that
"(ext::install-bytecodes-compiler)" works. This should probably be added
to the manual where compiliation mentioned
(https://common-lisp.net/project/ecl/manual/ch34s06.html)

That seems to work now. And if I call ecl with
ecl.exe --eval "(ext::install-bytecodes-compiler)" [further parameters]
the bytecode compiler is called by default. Perhaps I am able to
crosscompile Maxima with it. There is no easier command line option (or
configuration value somewhere) for that?

> I'm working on this in a separate branch, but it won't be included in
> upcoming release.
>
> In general I want to create a convenient way for registering different
> compilers (mainly for cross-compilation, but this will work for your
> usecase as well).

Thank you.

Best regards, Wolfgang