Using Hunchentoot from a binary, compiled with ECL

Alexander Artemenko svetlyak.40wt at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 13:49:59 UTC 2016

Hello, everybody!

I continue to test ECL and wanted to create a small webservice, compiled
into a binary.

But I discovered, that my binary fails with this error:

Condition of type: SIMPLE-ERROR
Package ((SB-BSD-SOCKETS . #<SB-BSD-SOCKETS package>)) referenced in
compiled file
  NIL
but has not been created
Available restarts:

1. (IGNORE) Ignore the error, and try the operation again

This error is similar to cffi and uiop problem, I wrote recently (
https://mailman.common-lisp.net/pipermail/ecl-devel/2016-June/011119.html).

But a trick with making package immutable, like this
(asdf:register-immutable-system
"SB-BSD-SOCKETS") does not work now.

Tested on Ubuntu ECL 16.1.4 and OSX 16.1.2.

Full example is available in https://github.com/svetlyak40wt/test-ecl in
branch try-web-app. To build a binary, you need to issue ./bootstrap &&
./build commands, and after them, run ./test-ecl.

Why do I have this problem and how to fix it?

--
Alexander Artemenko (a.k.a. Svetlyak 40wt)
Blog: http://dev.svetlyak.ru
Jabber: svetlyak.40wt at gmail.com