Statically linking C code into ECL

Daniel Kochmański daniel at turtleware.eu
Tue Dec 27 08:07:17 UTC 2016

Faré writes:

> Unhappily, neither *user-cc-flags* nor *ld-flags* allows me to get the
> desired result:
> the former is not used by build-program, and the latter is only used
> *after* passing the list of .a, too late for a -Wl,--whole-archive.
> Moreover, on Darwin and/or with lld, I need to use -Wl,-force_load
> before each individual .a instead, and the current interface won't
> allow that.

What about the proposed usage of :ld-flags passed to the builder?

> I tried to link .o files directly, instead of .a files, but ran into a
> different ECL issue regarding slot inheritance; see my other email
> about that.

Thanks for the report.

> PS: Regarding using c:build-program instead of c::builder :program,
> when was the change made? Do I need to care about supporting older
> versions of ECL?

It's in place since 2001 (or earlier) according to git blame.

> —♯ƒ • François-René ÐVB Rideau •Reflection&Cybernethics• http://fare.tunes.org
> What is mind? No matter! What is matter? Never mind!
>        — Bertrand Russell's Grand Mother, In Karl Popper, The Unended Quest

Daniel

--
Daniel Kochmański ;; aka jackdaniel | Przemyśl, Poland
TurtleWare - Daniel Kochmański      | www.turtleware.eu

"Be the change that you wish to see in the world." - Mahatma Gandhi