maxima-5.39.0/ecl-16.1.3 new testsuite failure

Daniel Kochmański daniel at turtleware.eu
Mon Dec 19 13:17:52 UTC 2016

Hey,

I have already tested with Maxima, see:
https://gitlab.com/embeddable-common-lisp/ecl/issues/307 . ECL doesn't
accept denormals by default now, I suspect that this is the main cause
of this error (but I didn't know how to investigate maxima problems
further – i.e what error was cought). To ignore all fpe signals issue:

(si:trap-fpe t nil)

to turn off some of them, do:

(si:trap-fpe :floating-point-overflow nil)
(si:trap-fpe :division-by-zero nil)
(si:trap-fpe :floating-point-invalid-operation nil)
(si:trap-fpe :floating-point-inexact nil)
(si:trap-fpe :floating-point-underflow nil)

second argument is whenever this particular exception should be
signalled, or simply ignored – NIL means "ignore".

Best regards,
Daniel

--
Daniel Kochmański ;; aka jackdaniel | Przemyśl, Poland
TurtleWare - Daniel Kochmański      | www.turtleware.eu

"Be the change that you wish to see in the world." - Mahatma Gandhi