Compiled program complaints on absent UIOP/OS and UIOP/PATHNAME

Pascal J. Bourguignon pjb at informatimago.com
Sat Apr 2 23:46:58 UTC 2016

Alexander Artemenko
<svetlyak.40wt at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi!
>
> I have created a command line program:
> https://github.com/svetlyak40wt/cl-jslog
>
> I've tried to build it with sbcl and it worked fine.
> But when I compiled it with ECL, I found
> that right after running, it outputs following error:
>
> Condition of type: SIMPLE-ERROR
> The packages
> ((UIOP/OS . #<UIOP/OS package>) (UIOP/PATHNAME . #<UIOP/PATHNAME
> package>))
> were referenced in compiled file
> NIL
> but have not been created
> Available restarts:
>
> 1. (IGNORE) Ignore the error, and try the operation again
>
> Top level in: #<process TOP-LEVEL>.
>
> Tried ECL 16.1.4 on Ubuntu and ECL 16.0.0 on OSX.
>
> What is the reason of this error, and how to fix it?

We cannot reproduce your problem because you didn't pass the -norc
option to ecl, or --no-userinit to sbcl.

Also, lisp/setup.lisp is missing:

$ ./build.ecl
[…]
An error occurred during initialization:
Filesystem error with pathname #P"/tmp/cl-jslog/lisp/setup.lisp".
Either
 1) the file does not exist, or
 2) we are not allowed to access the file, or
 3) the pathname points to a broken symbolic link..