[Ecls-list] threading failures

Matthew Mondor mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net
Tue Sep 1 06:34:23 UTC 2015

On Tue, 01 Sep 2015 07:25:37 +0200
Daniel Kochmański <daniel at turtleware.eu> wrote:

> btw, it doesn't hang on my machine (runs ~30m already, if it'll
> fail I'll let you know). Could you provide more details? (OS,
> *features*, number of cores etc.)

I also have been trying to reproduce it on NetBSD/amd64 with 4 cores i5
with the ECL develop branch HEAD, without really observing it hanging.
However, the performance was widely variable with the 4 cores far from
used to full capacity.  Sometimes a douzen of dots get drawn almost
instantly, at other times it takes a few seconds before the next dot.
Could these delays be the described "hangs"?

I broke the process after about 20 minutes here.

Thanks,
--
Matt