[Ecls-list] [emscripten support] how to define new error handling system?

Rujia Liu 2575127 at qq.com
Sun Mar 15 03:55:20 UTC 2015

Dear all,

After a little bit investigation, I found that the reason I couldn't compile without ECL_THREADS is that "ERROR" will not be defined. And in msvc\Makefile:

# Set it to non-empty to include Win32 thread support
# Currently it is NOT SUPPORTED to build ECL without threads. The reason
# is that certain exception handlers in Windows always use new threads.
# Without them, ECL would be an even more fragile piece of software.
ECL_THREADS   =
‍
So it looks like we need to implement some new error handling scheme especially for emscripten. Is that true?

As I know very little about ECL's internals, could any one give me some suggestions on what to do next?

- Rujia