[Ecls-list] [ecl][release candidate][windows]

Daniel Kochmański jackdaniel at hellsgate.pl
Fri Feb 27 09:51:04 UTC 2015

Hello,

unfortunately I was too rush to roll out release, without checking if it
builds and works on at least Linux, OS X and Windows. Additional
copyright contained UTF-8 symbol, and windows console stream doesn't
support these, therefore at the very start of ecl it throws an error.

My deep apologies for that to all Windows users. It is fixed in develop
branch, and since it's crucial fix for them, I have decided to roll out
hotfix release.

To not repeat same error as previously, I'm publishing release candidate
15.3.7-rc1 branch on gitorious - please check if it builds on all
platforms and perform regression tests.

A few fixes are present there in comparision to 15.2.21:
- autoconf scripts are rewritten to support version 2.69
- stack direction is now correctly determined, so gcc 5.x builds should
be possible
- broken --with-sse=yes build works now
- patch enabling compilation of ECL under MSVC (2008/2010)
- stable-sort now works as desired

If everything goes fine, we'll publish new release at (yes, you guessed
it) 7th of March. Thanks everyone for testing, provided fixes and
bugreports, as well as any other contributions.

As you probably know, new wiki is stored at address:
https://gitorious.org/embeddable-common-lisp/pages/Home still incomplete
and possibly outdated, but open for improvement by anyone.

Best regards,
Daniel

--
Daniel Kochmański | Poznań, Poland
;; aka jackdaniel

"Be the change that you wish to see in the world." - Mahatma Gandhi