[Ecls-list] trying to compile 15.2.21

Andrey G. Grozin A.G.Grozin at inp.nsk.su
Mon Feb 23 17:41:21 UTC 2015

On Mon, 23 Feb 2015, Daniel Kochmański wrote:
> can you provide configure options you used? My guess would be that you
> have enabled --with-sse option. I've rebuilded package with this option
> set to yes, and met the same error.
Yes, I used --with-sse. Without it, ecl-15.2.21 compiles fine. It
successfully compiles maxima-5.35.1, and the resulting maxima runs its
testsuite nearly successfully. There is 1 failure (rtest16 50) which was
also present in ecl-13.5.1 (and also in ccl). This is a bug in float
formatting which is absent in other common lisps. So, no regressions with
regard to maxima, but this old bug is still unfixed.

I'll commit the ecl-15.2.21 to Gentoo soon.

Andrey