[Ecls-list] Cannot specify external-format

田中慎一 shinichi.tanaka45 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 12:31:34 UTC 2015

Hi,

I cannot specify external-format (for example "(:crlf :cp932)") on my
environment.

I want to write string to file with some encoding. So I type in my REPL
like this:

(with-open-file (out "test.txt"
                 :direction :output
                 :external-format '(:crlf ext:cp932))
  (write-string "some string" out))

Then invoked debugger and it shows that:

The function EXT:MAKE-ENCODING is undefined.
   [Condition of type UNDEFINED-FUNCTION]

When the external-format is :utf-8, string is successfully written.

Is this an wrong way? Or my environment is broken?

Just for your information, I send below.
Please tell me if it's not enough.

> *features*

(:NEW :LINUX :FORMATTER :ECL-WEAK-HASH :LITTLE-ENDIAN :ECL-READ-WRITE-LOCK
 :LONG-LONG :UINT64-T :UINT32-T :UINT16-T :RELATIVE-PACKAGE-NAMES
:LONG-FLOAT
 :UNICODE :DFFI :CLOS-STREAMS :CMU-FORMAT :UNIX :ECL-PDE :DLOPEN :CLOS
:THREADS
 :BOEHM-GC :ANSI-CL :COMMON-LISP :IEEE-FLOATING-POINT :PREFIXED-API :FFI
 :X86_64 :COMMON :ECL)
> (lisp-implementation-type)

"ECL"
> (lisp-implementation-version)