[Ecls-list] Patch queue housecleaning

Arto Bendiken arto at bendiken.net
Sun Sep 21 14:38:30 UTC 2014

Howdy,

In preparation for submitting some ECL patches of my own, I triaged
each of the patches currently in open/accepted state over at
SourceForge's patch tracker:

https://sourceforge.net/p/ecls/patches/

Looks like the patch queue could use some housecleaning, as the oldest
ticket has been open since 2010. My conclusions are as follows:

Tickets that can be closed as wont-fix, lacking a response from the
submitter for the past two years:

https://sourceforge.net/p/ecls/patches/8/

Tickets that can be closed because their attached patches have already
been merged previously:

https://sourceforge.net/p/ecls/patches/29/
https://sourceforge.net/p/ecls/patches/30/
https://sourceforge.net/p/ecls/patches/31/
https://sourceforge.net/p/ecls/patches/34/

Patches that ought to be merged, being trivial and obviously correct:

https://sourceforge.net/p/ecls/patches/33/
https://sourceforge.net/p/ecls/patches/37/

Patches that probably ought to be merged, but I'm not qualified to say:

https://sourceforge.net/p/ecls/patches/35/

In summary, with about 10 minutes of effort by someone with commit
bits and ticket admin privileges, the current patch queue could be
wholly emptied.

Cheers,
Arto

--