[Ecls-list] ECL build failure on ubuntu 12.04LTS

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 18:10:49 UTC 2014

On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 11:59 AM, Faré <fahree at gmail.com> wrote:
> On the other hand, the new ECL is broken in a subtle way and fails the
> standalone executable test:
> ./test/hello-world-example
>
> Condition of type: SIMPLE-PROGRAM-ERROR
> In form #'17037664
> FUNCTION: Not a valid argument 17037664.
> No restarts available.
>
> Top level in: #<process TOP-LEVEL>.
>> :b
>
> Backtrace:
>   > SI:BYTECODES [Evaluation of: (UIOP/IMAGE:RESTORE-IMAGE :ENTRY-POINT ...)]
>
> The number looks suspiciously like a pointer.

NB: in case anyone wants to bissect it, all tests pass as of commit
914ce25 from 2013-06-19.
They fail as of latest commit 237af2e8 from 2013-10-29 (on top of
which I committed Daniel Herring's patch above).
That's 46 suspect commits.
To test:
  make -C ~/cl/asdf/ t l=ecl t=test-program.script
NB: You need to have installed the lisp-invocation library.

As we have recently seen, the function of the anti-trust laws is to protect
the poor little fellow with a mere $5 billion from being bullied by the big
guy with $50 billion.  — John McCarthy