[Ecls-list] How to Link SB-BSD-SOCKETS into Stand-Alone Program

Jimmy Lu gongchuo.lu at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 03:42:51 UTC 2014

Hi,

I ran into the following error when trying to use ASDF:MAKE-BUILD to
build a stand-alone program whose dependencies include USOCKET (thus
SB-BSD-SOCKETS).  The error happened when I ran the executable being
built.

    Condition of type: SIMPLE-ERROR
    Package ((SB-BSD-SOCKETS . #<SB-BSD-SOCKETS package>)) referenced in compiled file
      NIL
    but has not been created
    Available restarts:

    1. (IGNORE) Ignore the error, and try the operation again

    Top level in: #<process TOP-LEVEL>.

A search in the mailing list archive suggests it is due to ASDF unable
to recognize SB-BSD-SOCKETS as a dependency.

I would like to know is there any way to work around this issue, to
build SB-BSD-SOCKETS into the program using ASDF:MAKE-BUILD or anything
else?

Thanks,

Jimmy