[Ecls-list] Flaw in subtypep ? / catching stack-overflow ? / memory-limits experience ?

Pascal J. Bourguignon pjb at informatimago.com
Mon Oct 28 21:00:56 UTC 2013

Eckhard Wiederhold <ecky at ecky.fr> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I encountered some trouble using ecl that I don't know how to resolve
> myself and I'd be very grateful to get some advice on what to do or
> pointers to background-information that I was unable to find :
>
> 1. I just tried to get all conditions that ecl is aware of by traversing
> all packages and all symbols calling
>     (subtypep _symbol 'condition) on any symbol in any package. I got my
> list finally by excluding the
>     following symbols: (mod si:property-list si::proper-list). It seems
> that
>     - (subtypep 'mod 'condition) raises "Wrong number of arguments ..."
> error-condition

MOD doesn't designate a type.
(MOD 3) would designate the same type as (INTEGER 0 3)

Some implementations consider that all symbols designate a type, and if
unknown, equivalent to NIL.

>     - (subtypep 'si:property-list 'condition) and (subtypep
> 'si::proper-list 'condition) raise "Stack overflow."
>       serious-condition

Seems more problematic.

>     Question: Is this some issue I need to report here:
> http://sourceforge.net/p/ecls/bugs/ ? Or is it normal
>     behaviour ?

I guess you should report them as bugs.

I've got no idea for the other questions, it's certainly problematic
too.

--
__Pascal Bourguignon__
http://www.informatimago.com/