[Ecls-list] [ANN] ECL 13.5.1

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at gmail.com
Tue May 28 20:19:54 UTC 2013

Probably the first release without quicklisp regressions in a long time (at
least not one where ECL is to blame :-)
http://ecls.sourceforge.net/reports-generated/ecl/index.html

Known issues
============

* Cygwin's library is still broken: fork/exec fails to reload the
  cygwin library, or ECL's compiled libraries in a completely random
  fashion. For this reason we recommend using ext:system instead of
  ext:run-program in that platform.

* In Windows ECL comes with bytecodes compiler by default, because C
  compilers are normally not avaiable. Unfortunately several
  libraries out there are not prepared for this. If you plan to use
  quicklisp and have a C compiler accessible to ECL, you may use
  (ext:install-c-compiler) to switch back to the Lisp-to-C compiler.

Changes since last release
==========================

Some highlights of this release are:

* ECL now ships with the whole of the Unicode names database,
  optimally compressed using constant C tables. This means ECL now
  recognizes all valid Unicode (and ASCII) names for the whole range
  of characters, and can print them as well.

* ECL has changed the way it stores compiled data in the C files, so
  that it works around the limit of 65k characters per string.

* ECL now builds with Microsoft Visual Studio C++ 2012.

* We bend the knee and accept WHILE/IF statements intertwined with
  FOR/AS, though this is still not valid ANSI Common Lisp.

See file src/CHANGELOG or browse it online

http://ecls.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/ecls/ecl/src/CHANGELOG?view=markup