[Ecls-list] Function type proclaimations not working?

Jason Sewall jasonsewall at gmail.com
Sat May 25 22:06:13 UTC 2013

On May 25, 2013 2:54 PM, "Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll" <
juanjose.garciaripoll at gmail.com> wrote:

> ECL demands more time than I have and the docs have become obsolete. The
sources for the documentation are open and I welcome patches and bug
reports for them.

I sympathize and appreciate your efforts! Thanks for letting me know. I
would love to help, perhaps I can find time.

> Well, your code was broken. As shown here:
http://clhs.lisp.se/Body/f_procla.htm the list of valid declaration
identifiers for PROCLAIM does not include FUNCTION. Your proclamation
should have read instead

> (eval-when (compile)
>   (proclaim '(ftype (function (fixnum fixnum fixnum) fixnum) tak)))
>
> (defun tak (x y z)
>   (declare (fixnum x y z))
>   (if (not (< y x))
>       (tak (tak (1- x) y z)