[Ecls-list] Can you check the Windows builds?

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at gmail.com
Sat May 11 22:20:29 UTC 2013

I have spent a stupid month doing things like rebuilding a Windows box that
died, trying to install Visual Studio 2012 on top of Window SDK and finding
that VS2012 broke everything, finding out what happened with this, and only
yesterday did I manage to get something running with Microsoft compilers.

In the process I managed to solve a couple of problems, including a
dependency of ECL on the ntwin32.mak (a file which is now absent in Windows
SDK). In short, I believe there are now at least the following methods to
build ECL

- Visual Studio 2010 Express (standalone) in 32 and 64 bits
- Visual Studio 2012 Express in 32 and 64 bits
- Microsoft SDK 7.1 (actually VS2010 underneath) in 32 and 64 bits
- Mingw32
- Possibly Cygwin (but of little use because of cygwin problems with fork)

Given the fragility of the Windows platform I would appreciate if you could
give me a heads up to pack a release.