[Ecls-list] Announce: A new C++ based implementation of Common Lisp based on the ECL CL code

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at gmail.com
Sun Mar 31 19:49:36 UTC 2013

On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 1:59 PM, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll <
juanjose.garciaripoll at gmail.com> wrote:

> I did not know about Boost::Python. On reading it, it seems that, though
> horrible, it would be easy to port to any Common Lisp out there. If I were
> to write that, though, I would not do it as they do, with such
> undecipherable template code -- templates perhaps yes, but at least
> attempting something more readable.

I have given it a try https://github.com/juanjosegarciaripoll/cl-cxx

It is indeed not that hard to define wrappers for C++ functions using
templates as they seem to properly dispatch among functions with different
arities. Implicit or explicit conversions are also easy to implement, given
the proper Common Lisp back-end.

Best,