[Ecls-list] Is this a bug?

David Creelman creelman.david at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 23:45:24 UTC 2013

Hi,
I'm trying to get my small webserver up on my tiny machine.
I've compiled the latest ECL and I get the following error after trying to
use quicklisp

davidc at vps:~$ ecl
ASDF could not load sockets because Error while trying to load definition
for system sockets from pathname SYS:SOCKETS.ASD.NEWEST: There is no
package with the name ASDF-1.0..
An error occurred during initialization:
Error while trying to load definition for system sockets from pathname
SYS:SOCKETS.ASD.NEWEST: There is no package with the name ASDF-1.0..
davidc at vps:~$ (ql:quickload "hunchentoot")
-bash: ql:quickload: command not found
davidc at vps:~$

Does anyone know how to get around this one?
If I take out the autoload created by quicklisp in .eclrc, it all seems to
work again. ldconfig is setup correctly I think.

My .eclrc is :-
;;; The following lines added by ql:add-to-init-file:
#-quicklisp
(let ((quicklisp-init (merge-pathnames "quicklisp/setup.lisp"
                                       (user-homedir-pathname))))
  (when (probe-file quicklisp-init)
    (load quicklisp-init)))

Not sure what is happening.