[Ecls-list] Announce: A new C++ based implementation of Common Lisp based on the ECL CL code

Christian Schafmeister chris.schaf at verizon.net
Sat Mar 16 22:21:08 UTC 2013

Anton,

The compiler I'm writing uses the LLVM API to generate LLVM-IR directly which is just-in-time compiled to executable code.
Using (setq XXX (COMPILE nil (lambda (x) (* 3 x)))) returns a compiled function that can be evaluated directly using (FUNCALL XXX 4) --> 12.
There are no intermediate compilers that need to be run to generate executable code.

I am guided by my own interest to learn/try my own Common Lisp --> LLVM implementation.

Best,

.Chris.