[Ecls-list] undefined-function function args

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 10:53:05 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 11:48 AM, Matthew Mondor
<mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net>wrote:

> But in the SLIME debugger I'm unable to locate those 1 2 3 4 5 which
> were pushed on the stack (and there is no function to try to query the
> argument list from, since it's an unexisting function, its frame was
> never entered).

Sorry, I was confused by your needs. There is no notion of arguments in the
debugger information. The only notion rigth now is that of lexically and
globally bound variables. Thus, the only exposed "values" are those
assigned to variables. Since your function is not defined, when the error
handler is invoked, those values are not assigned to any variable and
cannot be inspected by the debugger.

The only possible fix I see for this is to add some convenience functions
to peek the interpreter stack. This can easily be done, adding a few more
commands to the debugger and using the C interface to get those values. The
basic tool is ECL_STACK_REF(env,relative_index), a C macro that accesses
the interpreter stack. With this macro and a small c-inline code, one can
inspect the unassigned values