[Ecls-list] Building a CGI program

William Hounslow hounslow at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Jun 18 16:16:47 UTC 2013

Hi

I have created a standalone executable containing the simplest possible
CGI script:

(princ "Content-type: text/html")
(terpri)
(terpri)
(princ "Hello, World.")

When placed in the cgi-bin directory and invoked from the command line,
it works perfectly. However from the browser I get a 500 error:

malformed header from script. Bad header=No restarts available.: testpage

I assume this is a Lisp initialization error message being interpreted
as the program output. The Apache error log is no more informative.

Any ideas about what is causing this or how to trap it in order to see
the full message?

Thanks

William