[Ecls-list] How to add an object file to the compile command line generated by 'asdf:make-build'?

Dietrich Bollmann dietrich at formgames.org
Thu Jun 13 01:32:39 UTC 2013

Hi,

In my ECL FFI code I rely on the C++ class 'Cube' implemented in 'Cube.h'
and 'Cube.cpp'.

I therefore need to add the object file 'Cube.o' to the g++ command line
generated by 'asdf:make-build'.

The following hack works:

(ext:install-c-compiler)
(require :asdf)
(push "./" asdf:*central-registry*)
(let ((COMPILER::*ld-bundle-flags* (concatenate 'string
COMPILER::*ld-bundle-flags* " cpp/Cube.o ")))
  (asdf:make-build :cube :type :static-library :move-here "./cube.a"))
(quit)

But it doesn't look very elegant...

Is there a better way - for example a keyword parameter for
'asdf:make-build' etc. - which allows to add object files etc. to the
command line generated by 'asdf:make-build'?

Thanks,

Dietrich