[Ecls-list] Standalone binary not really standalone?

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 22:35:11 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 8:26 PM, William Hounslow <
hounslow at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> The initial problem was something to do with an unexpected rubout
> character in the FASL (I don't have a record of this unfortunately). I then
> tried deleting the ASDF cache to force a total recompilation. Now I get:
> Condition of type: CASE-FAILURE
> :FASL fell through ECASE expression.
> Wanted one of (:PROGRAM :LIB ...).
> Broken at C::BUILDER. In: #<process TOP-LEVEL>.
> >> :b

This was somewhat to be expected :-/ ASDF no longer supports working with
the statically linked ECL because of its build model: files are compiled
and then loaded, but a statically linked ECL cannot load compiled files.
Please go back to using the ECL dll as this cannot be fixed without serious
changes in ASDF (and in most libraries expectations)