[Ecls-list] Upcoming

Andy Hefner ahefner at gmail.com
Sun Jul 14 20:21:42 UTC 2013

On Sat, Jul 6, 2013 at 2:37 PM, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll
<juanjose.garciaripoll at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 5, 2013 at 6:00 PM, Andy Hefner <ahefner at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> This sounds like a pair of features I've desired for a long time. Will
>> this allow using arbitrary C types which lisp doesn't necessarily
>> understand, such as a struct defined by some library header, for the
>> sake of later referring to them within inline C?
>

> Unfortunately not. Doing that would involve ECL parsing headers and
> understanding type definitions.

I don't think we're thinking the same thing. I don't want to do
anything with the variable from Lisp, I simply want it defined in a
scope that it such that the variable will continue to exist and be
visible within other inline C blocks, and given a name that won't
clash with variables generated by the ECL compiler. I suppose it is a
different feature than what you described, since it need not
correspond to a lisp variable at all.