[Ecls-list] Building a CGI program

Matthew Mondor mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net
Wed Jul 3 17:30:53 UTC 2013

On Wed, 03 Jul 2013 17:42:30 +0100
William Hounslow <hounslow at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> On 01/07/2013 22:14, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll wrote:
> > ECL is not capable of finding the files for its installation. Try
> > setting ECLDIR environment variable manually to the system directory
> > where things are stored (defaults /usr/local/lib/ecl-version-number/)
> >

> Thanks for this.
>
> I specified a prefix other than /usr/local when configuring ECL. Should
> I set ECLDIR before installation, before building my binary, or in its
> execution environment? I'm still not sure why the very same binary works
> from the command line but not when invoked by Apache.

I'm glad that you could make some progress,

It's possible that Apache cleans the environment when passing its own,
in which case possibly that using SetEnv in its VHost configuration
might help, but I'm not sure, just an idea to try.

Even that ECLDIR be needed surprises me, unless the ECL installation was
moved, as the library directories set at build-configure time should be
used by default (on this system with a custom build
"/usr/local/ecl/lib/:/usr/pkg/lib" and
"/usr/local/ecl/lib/ecl-13.5.1/", on a Debian system I see their ECL
package uses "/usr/lib" and "/usr/lib/ecl-11.1.1/", etc).

Do you use a chroot or jail setup for CGIs? This could explain that it
fails to access other needed files (however, it could then even have
trouble loading general libraries unless they're preloaded, part of the
chroot, or statically linked)...
--
Matt