[Ecls-list] Any way to get stack out of condition?

Matthew Mondor mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net
Thu Jan 31 22:03:44 UTC 2013

On Thu, 31 Jan 2013 22:48:24 +0100
Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll <juanjose.garciaripoll at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 5:06 PM, Peter Enerccio <enerccio at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Well, I am trying to get with handler-bind, however, it still prints
> > nothing at all (for the backtrace, I mean)
> >

> Probably what Anton said is the origin of your problems. I need some time
> to look into this. Could you please file a bug report with your test case?

Hmm that's not impossible, especially if it's a recent migration or
concerns mostly the bytecode interpreter (which I have less experience
with except for the REPL).

However, in the httpd I wrote for ECL, worker threads are used
(compiled to C with a high DEBUG level) and it's generally possible to
obtain some information about the stack in the custom debug hook, if I
remember.

(http://cvs.pulsar-zone.net/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/mmondor/mmsoftware/cl/server/
for reference, although it has been posted here before, but I don't
remember if it was in the same thread).  Functions of interest are in
ecl-mp-server.lisp: WITH-LOG-ERRORS, LOG-ERROR and STACKTRACE.
--
Matt