[Ecls-list] Any way to get stack out of condition?

Anton Vodonosov avodonosov at yandex.ru
Thu Jan 31 11:32:20 UTC 2013

Another guess (sorry if I am mistaken).

Do you run this code from the main REPL thread or from another thread?

I remember I debugged hunchentoot on ECL and wanted stack trace
of error happened during request handling (hunchentoot runs
request handlers in separate threads).

As you did, I looked at the ECL backtrace functions used in SLIME
and tried to use them. Stack trace was empty.

I looked at their source code and have *impression* that
stack trace is only maintained for the REPL thread.

Juan Jose must know better how stacktraces are implemented.
But if you run from another thread, try from REPL. If you
run from REPL and still doesn't have stacktrace, then
my guess above does not apply.

Best regards,
- Anton