[Ecls-list] towards asdf 2.27

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 00:32:34 UTC 2013

Dear ECL hackers,

I rewrote the asdf bundle stuff to take advantage of several things:
1- the fact that traverse does not propagate operations downward
anymore, so you can safe instead use component-depends-on for good
effect
2- the fact that the traverse algorithm is now understandable and
"open" and lets you map over direct and/or indirect dependencies.
3- the fact that the asdf/driver now includes support for image
dumping and restore, so the same operations can be used to create
executables on all lisps.

The test-bundle.script works with ECL, and so does test-program.

You can now create standalone lisp executable program somewhat portably. Neat.

PS: it looks like the monolithic lib output is defective somehow. nm
stops with an error message after the first embedded. I had to avoid
using it as input for creating an executable.

We [the French] will accept any master who will let us enjoy the good life,
with good food, sweet romance and long vacations; and we'll use that good life
to corrupt whoever will rule us into embracing our way of life. Yet we'll
abandon him for a stronger master the moment that his weakness is apparent.