[Ecls-list] RC 14.4.1 almost ready

Matthew Mondor mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net
Fri Apr 26 09:36:27 UTC 2013

On Tue, 16 Apr 2013 09:18:21 -0400
Matthew Mondor <mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net> wrote:

> On Sat, 13 Apr 2013 22:22:21 -0400
> Matthew Mondor <mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net> wrote:
>
> > If that's not already possible, do you think that it would be a good
> > idea to also configure the temporary path via a variable, such that it
> > can be set in ~/.eclrc ?
>
> Shortly after posting this, I realized that EXT:SETENV was already
> enough for this purpose :)

I noticed that if I use:

$ TMPDIR=/var/tmp /usr/local/ecl/bin/ecl
> (load "httpd")

Everything works fine, however, with in ~/.eclrc:
(ext:setenv "TMPDIR" "/var/tmp/")

$ ktrace /usr/local/ecl/bin/ecl
> (ext:getenv "TMPDIR")
"/var/tmp"
> (load "httpd")

Then the mmap(2) EPERM error is issued, with ktrace showing that
"/tmp/" is still used.  I then noticed that the translation is assigned
from the environment variable before ~/.eclrc is evaluated in
config.lsp.in.

However, if using instead in ~/.eclrc:

(setf (logical-pathname-translations "TMP")

Then everything works fine.  Unless I'm mistaken, this is a standard
interface, which is not likely to change unexpectedly?

Thanks again,
--
Matt