[Ecls-list] RC 14.4.1 almost ready

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at gmail.com
Sun Apr 14 10:20:08 UTC 2013

On Sun, Apr 14, 2013 at 4:22 AM, Matthew Mondor <mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net>wrote:

> Immediately I remembered that /tmp/ is a memory filesystem mounted with
> a no-exec option,

Is this a general strategy in NetBSD? The only reason we unfortunately must
rely on a temporary directory for loading FASL files is that the dynamic
linker only works on a filename based hash, without noticing time stamps.
This means that if a user loads a FASL and this FASL is recompiled, relying
just on the dynamic linker would result on this last fasl not being loaded,
as the original one was already in memory.