[Ecls-list] RC 14.4.1 almost ready

Matthew Mondor mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net
Wed Apr 3 03:49:06 UTC 2013

On Tue, 2 Apr 2013 19:29:50 -0400
Matthew Mondor <mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 2 Apr 2013 17:46:43 -0400
> Matthew Mondor <mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net> wrote:
>
> > I cannot have a deeper look immediately, but should try to investigate
> > it soon...
>
> If I understand, ASDF expects *FEATURE* :UNIX, but ECL exports :NETBSD
> not :UNIX
>
>   (defun os-unix-p ()
>     (or #+abcl (featurep :unix)
>         #+(and (not abcl) (or unix cygwin darwin)) t))

After now rereading my message, I want to mention that I don't think
that :UNIX should be reported instead of :NETBSD however, I think that
having a more descriptive name like :NETBSD is useful.  Perhaps
that :UNIX or :POSIX should also be exported in the case of
unix/linux/bsd systems, though, and ASDF could keep relying on :POSIX
or :UNIX ...

It's not a very recent SBCL that I have, but it appears on NetBSD to
provide: :UNIX :BSD :NETBSD :ELF, other than a bunch of
OS-PROVIDES-<foo>.  As for x86-64, SBCL provides :X86-64 while ECL
provides :X86_64.

CLISP provides very little system-specific *features*, but also
provides :UNIX (:WORD-SIZE=64 :PC386 :UNIX).

Thanks,
--
Matt