[Ecls-list] Monolithic static libraries and prebuilt systems

Mark Cox markcox80 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 13:11:21 UTC 2012

G'day,

I am trying to produce a monolithic static library using ASDF:MAKE-BUILD on a system that has PREBUILT-ASDF as a dependency. A trace on C::BUILDER reveals that the static libraries #P"SYS:LIBCMP.A" and #P"SYS:LIBASDF.A" are not being incorporated when building the monolithic static library. These libraries, however, are incorporated when using ASDF:MAKE-BUILD to build a monolithic program.

I gather from my experimentation that this is not an ECL bug, but rather a limitation on object archive handling from the C world. Is this true?

Thanks
Mark