[Ecls-list] ECL missing signals?

Jean-Pierre Flori jpflori at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 10:04:55 UTC 2012

Hi,

2012/11/28 Jean-Pierre Flori <jpflori at gmail.com>:
> 2012/11/28 Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll <juanjose.garciaripoll at gmail.com>:
>> On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 5:14 PM, Jean-Pierre Flori <jpflori at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> PS: just saw your email, I'll redirect this to the bug tracker.
>>

>> Thanks for helping me track this issue. I think it can be considered solved,
>> but please report in either case, so that I can close the bug report.
> Im testing the three patches altogether right now.
> Will report soon hopefully.
>>
>> Juanjo
>>
>> --
>> Instituto de Física Fundamental, CSIC
>> c/ Serrano, 113b, Madrid 28006 (Spain)
>> http://juanjose.garciaripoll.googlepages.com
>

> --
> Jean-Pierre Flori

I just retested the last git version on the same setup as yesterday
and got no problem with both single threaded and multi threaded
versions, great!

By the way, our original other problem in Sage about simple operations
getting stuck in our "command-line" interface was apparently bad
interaction between pexpect and multi threaded ECL (and it did not get
stuck forever, just for a loooooong time).
With single threaded ECL (as was used before) the problems disappear
for the "command-line" interface.
As far as the "library" interface is concerned, there does not seem to
be obvious problems with the multithreaded ECL, although our handling
of signals might get comletely non sense in this case, I did not check
and I think I learned enough of ECL signal handling for this week!

Best,

--
Jean-Pierre Flori