[Ecls-list] Decent HTTPd uptime since recent threading/locking changes

Matthew Mondor mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net
Wed May 16 22:28:58 UTC 2012

On Wed, 16 May 2012 23:10:21 +0200
Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll <juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com> wrote:

> > spiders, although interspersed with my Apache ab(8) test floods.  This
> > was still using a non-shrinking threads pool for now.

> Great news! That is really nice to hear, for it means that the changes that
> I made to thread startup and exit code were enough to improve the stability
> of process-kill. Definitely the time for a release is approaching.

Well as I said above, the code is avoiding process-kill (and pool
shrinking) for now :)

But there were other issues which have been solved by the new locking
implementation, obviously, as the httpd is now resilient to both ab(8)
bombing and long mostly idle times, both of which were problematic
before.
--
Matt