[Ecls-list] Slime lambda-list auto-help

Matthew Mondor mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net
Wed May 16 20:20:07 UTC 2012

Hello again,

Although it's a minor issue, I noticed lately that when entering Lisp
the following form using latest ECL (head) and latest Slime, I'm
getting the following error in the command buffer:

(with-open-file

    error in process filter: Wrong number of arguments: nil, 137

I'm not sure if the problem is in Slime or in ECL.

Also, is it expected that this help only is available for
implementation functions and bytecode compiled custom fonctions?  I
built my code with the debug level 3, but I cannot get that automatic
interactive help for the functions of those files.

Example:

(defun foo (a b c)
  (list a b c))

(foo<space>[I get the lambda-list help here]

(compile 'foo)

(foo<space>[I no longer get it]

Thanks,
--